Yard Waste & Brush
Yard waste services are provided for City of Powder Springs sanitation customers that reside inside and/or outside the Powder Springs city limits (No brush service for those customer’s residing outside of the city limits). Yard Waste consists of items such as grass clippings, leaves, and pinestraw.
Note: The City does not issue yard waste containers.
If you have bagged yard waste that exceeds the maximum allowed number of bags (6 bags), you must call and request a work order for your items to be picked up. Please see the yard waste fee schedule below.
Yard waste will not be picked up the following weeks:
Please check back for more holiday dates throughout the year.
- Yard waste pick up is on Mondays only.
- Yard waste must be at the curb by 7 am Due to time constraints, the sanitation department will be unable to return if yard waste is not out by 7 am
- All yard waste must be in biodegradable paper bags - No plastic bags (state law prohibits plastic in compost landfills).
- No rocks, dirt, bricks or landscaping type materials will be picked up.
- Up to 6 bags can be picked up at no charge. You must call the Public Works Department and request a work order for additional bags. Additional charges apply. Please see yard waste fee schedule for pricing.
- Bags should not exceed 20 pounds each.
Yard Waste Fee Schedule
- 1-6 bags no charge
- 7-12 bags $9.50
- 13-20 bags $12 (20 bag maximum per week)
Note: Charges for bags of yard waste will appear on your next bill.
Brush pick up is provided to City of Powder Springs sanitation customers that reside inside the city limits only. We do not pick up brush for residents outside the city limits.
- Brush pick up is on Mondays only.
- Yard waste must be placed at the curb by 7 am Due to time constraints, the sanitation department will be unable to return if brush is not out by 7 am
- Limbs and branches should be no more than 6 inches in diameter and 3 feet long.
- The pile of limbs and branches cannot exceed 3 feet wide by 3 feet high by 3 feet deep.
- Only 1 pile per week per household will be picked up.
In the event that any landscaper, contractor, tree service company, or any other professional services, perform work for a resident and that work generates any trash, scrap or refuse, the contractor shall be responsible for the removal of such items. It shall not be the duty of the city to dispose of any trash that results from the work of 3rd parties.