Reside With Pride
October 4-7, 2022 During Reside With Pride, the Public Works Department of the City of Powder Springs provides a special collection service to its sanitation customers residing within the city limits of Powder Springs.
Please watch for flyers to be attached to your garbage carts 1-2 weeks prior to Reside With Pride.
- The city will collect your extra trash and bulk items on your regular trash collection day of the Reside With Pride week at no additional cost. Your sanitation bill must be current and in good standing by September 29, 2022 to participate.
- Items must be placed at the curb no later than 7 a.m. of your regular trash collection day. Due to the large volumes of trash this week, we will only have time for 1 pass down your street.
- Personal trash containers will be discarded. If you have trash to be picked up and it is placed in a personal container, we will assume you want to dispose of the container as well. The only containers that will be left at the residence will be the city issued 95 gallon carts.
- We will not unload items from truck beds, vehicle trunks, or trailers.
- Appliances are limited to 2 per household. Appliances must also be free of liquids and food products. We ask that you remove any doors for the safety of children.
- All larger items, including but not limited to, trampolines, swing sets, basketball goals, etc, must be disassembled.
- Small items should be bagged or containerized. The sanitation department is not responsible for small loose items that may be left behind.
Due to state and federal regulations, we cannot pick up the following items:
- Building materials (sheet rock, lumber, flooring, siding, etc)
- Car parts
- Carpet and padding
- Engine oil and fluids
- Fencing materials (split rails, chain link, etc)
- Hazardous or toxic materials
- Medical / animal waste
- Paint cans
- Railroad ties and concrete
- Roofing materials
- Wooden swing sets
Reside With Pride is a service provided by the city for residents within the city limits on city garbage service. Anyone caught bringing items into the city from outside the city limits will be subject to prosecution.
If you have any questions concerning Reside With Pride, please contact the Public Works Department at 770-943-8010.