The City Clerk is the official record keeper for the City and is appointed by the Mayor and Council. Responsibilities of the City Clerk's Office include recording and maintaining the Council's official actions in minutes, coordinating and distributing the agenda, maintaining contracts, ordinances, resolutions, and agreements and coordinating the records management and retention program for the City. The City Clerk attests signatures of Mayor and Council and is official keeper of the City seal and affixes its impression on documents whenever required. The City Clerk oversees the adoption and publishing of the Code of Ordinances. The City Clerk is the designated Open Records Officer and helps to ensure that all open record requests are in accordance to the Open Records Act.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk's Office
- Recording and maintaining the official actions of the City Council of Powder Springs
- Coordinating and distributing the agenda for the City Council meeting
- Maintaining contracts, ordinances, resolutions, and agreements
- Coordinating the adoption and publishing of the Code of Ordinances
- Attesting signatures of Mayor and City Council Official keeper of the city seal
- Filing Officer for the State Ethics Commission