It's good for our Economy, Environment, and Community:
• It is more fun with unique, personalized offerings. You get to know your merchants, who select their wares with the needs and tastes of the local community in mind. You get personal attention. You feel connected.
• It keeps dollars in our economy. Spending locally ensures that our sales taxes are reinvested right here in our community. That makes our city more economically resilient!
• It ensures our city is unique and a destination. Homegrown businesses make us special and give us a strong sense of place and love for our city. The more interesting we are as a community, the more we attract visitors, which benefit everyone.
• It is more environmentally friendly. Buying locally often means you can walk and bike to shop, supporting conveniently located and accessible shops. You get products that are often better-made because our neighbors stand behind them.
• It Strengthens our community. Local businesses donate money back into the community at more than twice the rate of national chains. They have a vested interest in their own community.