Small Business Grant Program
The Powder Springs Small Business Grant is a business assistance program offered by the City of Powder Springs to offset the economic impact to small businesses as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The program provides grant funding of up to $5,000 to for-profit businesses and 501 (c) (3) organizations with less than $1 million in estimated annual gross receipts that demonstrate a financial disruption of 25% or more due to COVID-19. Businesses will also demonstrate how operating assistance provided will enable the business to continue to operate. The total funding for this program is limited to $400,000. As the City is utilizing federal CARES Act funding for the grant, all operating assistance must be compliant with federal regulations.
Grant funds may be used for the following:
• Rent/leases/equipment rental
• Utility payments
• PPE and other supplies/costs to ensure employee and customer safety
• Rehiring and/or maintaining full time W-2 or 1099 employees
• Business must have their primary location/headquarters in the city limits of Powder Springs
• Business may be home-based or commercial business; or be a 501 (c) (3) organization.
• Business must have a current City of Powder Springs business license and be current on all City taxes and permits
• Business must have been in continuous operation for a minimum of 1 year prior to March 1, 2020
• Business has estimated annual gross receipts under $1 million
• Business must show financial disruption of 25% or greater
Businesses may apply for the Powder Springs Small Business Grant program if they have received CARES Act funds through other programs, including the U.S. Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program or the SelectCobb Small Business Grant program. However, if awarded, recipients may not use grant funds for expenses that have already been covered through other programs.
Deadline: Grant applications are due by October 1, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EDT. Applications may be submitted prior to the deadline.
Review Process: After the application period closes, City of Powder Springs staff will review applications for eligibility and recommend recipients to the City Council. After the City Council votes to approve the list of recipients, grantees will be issued a check for the grant amount awarded.
Completed application, including required attachments, MUST be submitted electronically or in hard copy using the instructions listed below by October 1, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EDT. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Electronic Submissions: Completed applications and required attachments may be submitted in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hard Copy Submissions: Completed applications and required attachments may be printed and submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to Ashley Youmans in one of two ways:
1) Submit to the City Hall Receptionist at 4484 Marietta Street, Powder Springs, GA Hours: Monday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2) Drop off in the City Hall Dropbox at 4484 Marietta Street, Powder Springs, GA