Can I remove a tree from my property?
The Unified Development Code regulates the removal of trees. The approval to remove a tree is based on the original development plan for the project, and the size of the tree. Any tree over 30 inches in diameter may be considered specimen trees dependent upon the condition of the tree. You may be required to plant trees to replace the specimen tree. This requirement can be met by planting a certain number of smaller trees. Please contact the Public Works Department for further details at 770-943-8010.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to do to have my property annexed and rezoned?
2. How do I know what I can do with my property?
3. What if I want to add on to my house or build a shed?
4. Can I remove a tree from my property?
5. Does the city charge impact fees and if so how much?
6. When are rezoning hearings?